[G4] Help with iCal and Address Book

Perry The Cynic perry at cynic.org
Sat Nov 29 08:51:51 PST 2003

--On Friday, November 28, 2003 8:26 AM -0600 Mel Krewall <mkrewall at mac.com>
wrote:

> I am about to get a new cell phone and will be syncing my phone with my
> work address book and calendar. I have tried iSync in its early versions,
> but now I will be giving it another chance since it has been revised.
> Does anyone know how to delete/archive the existing iCal calendars and
> Address Book entries so that I can start fresh with syncing the phone to
> them? I browsed around the Library but was not successful. Anyone know
> how to do this?
> Thanks,
> Mel

The iCal calendars are in ~/Library/Calendars (the .ics files). Note that
if you move them out, iCal will make new (empty) "Home" and "Work"
calendars that *will* be synchronized with your phone.
The address book data is in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook (move
the entire directory away).
Note that this doesn't include the application preferences; those are in
~/Library/Preferences (but those aren't iSync-ed anyway).

ISync has gotten a lot less, uh, surprising since version 1.1, and you're
supposed to be able to do what you want within iSync: use Device:Reset All
Devices... and follow the bouncing prompts. But having never done this with
a phone myself (just an iPod), I'm not going to claim it works. :-)

Cheers
  -- perry