RAM Advisory

lavode at comcast.net lavode at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 14:33:13 PDT 2003

Hi all,

OK, I know that more RAM is good.  However, I also know that there is a point of diminishing returns.  I have 600+ mb in my PowerMac 7300 running OS 8.6, and it could just as well have 400 mb and it would still work just as well.

I also have a Yikes with 300mb RAM running 10.2.8.  The question is, will I get a noticeable increase in performance by adding more RAM?  Not knowing how much of a memory hog X is, I don't want to add RAM when it won't do me much good.  I don't render, and don't have a lot of memory intensive applications.

TIA,
Lavode