[G4] Internet Speed Test (How good is good?)

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Wed Sep 17 03:03:32 PDT 2003

if you want to compare markets, and show the US getting hosed, simply
look at japan. for the price most of us pay, japanese citizens get a
100 mbps full duplex line.

that being said, to create a large enough fiber optic infrastructure
across the entire US which would be able to sustain such a load would
be a massive investment, japan is much much smaller than us, making it
quite a bit more feasible to provide such networks.

sandor