[G4] Wireless networking

John jmcgilvary at mac.com
Tue Dec 14 17:09:42 PST 2004

First, what version of Windows are you using?
Second, just something because something is "shared", does not mean
EVERYONE has access to it. Windows does allow you to set permissions at
all kinds of different levels.
Now, if it shared to ALL users, that is different (if you are wireless,
I hope you are using a firewall, especially if you have given ALL
access to your whole system).
Make sure the May user is in the "user" group that has access to the
drives.
Something else you may try, I assume you are an administrator on the
Windows machine. Use That name and login info.
John

On Dec 14, 2004, at 8:05 AM, Valerie Maples wrote:

> I am sorry; the history of this is not here/  Everything is already
> "shared"
> on the PC from the root directory up/  I have never heard the term
> permissions or seen a place for the other computers user name/
> passwords on
> Windows and I am a fairly advanced user.
>
> Valerie
>

> On 12/14/04 5:46 AM, "Johns Mailbox" <mymaillist at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Go to the Windows machine and fix the permissions on the PC, allowing
>> the mac USER name/PW what ever access levels you want it to have.
>> Hope this helps,
>> John
>>
>> On Dec 14, 2004, at 3:42 AM, Valerie Maples wrote:
>>
>>>  No, I am being asked to log-on to the Windows machine on the
>>> Macintosh
>>> computer.  In other words, I am trying to access Windows files from