[G4] Strange G4 issue solved

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 21:40:56 PST 2004

When you say you downloaded "it", was it the Displays or the ROM
Updater?  If it was the ROM Updater, try using the "Custom" option to
back up to your original ROM.  I also had problems with the new ROM
using my G4/500 with TV OUT - it would not wake up and remember to look
for the S-Video, so I dropped back to the original 126 version ROM
which after also backing ATI Displays to 4.2 seemed to restore the
system to some level of normalacy (though I do believe that the 10.3.6+
ATI drivers are slower than the 10.3.5 versions - DVD playback seems to
be choppy since that upgrade).

Jim