[G4] Re: TemperatureMonitor

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Dec 28 12:28:34 PST 2004

On 27 Dec, 2004, at 16:42, CJ Scaminaci wrote:

I think there's probably a reason there's nothing around. Cooling Macs
is trivial, they don't have heat problems (with the exception of the G4
Cube). The reason anything pre-7450 even had a temperature sensor was
because they were using FPGA's to simulate the CPU in development. That
was a point where changing chip architecture actually helped reduce
heat! It was merely in production machines for a convenience factor;
meaning, it was more or less a cooking thermometer :).

CJ,

I appreciate the information that you added, but am a little confused
by your nomenclature. Not all of us are "Wizards" at the Mac and do not
know all the acronyms. Perhaps you could expand on the information that
you included so I could see where you are going? Ie: FPGA and pre-7450
are not terms that I have encountered yet in my readings except for
your posting.

Thanks in advance,
Ron