[G4] Constant Catalog Corruption

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Tue Feb 3 07:50:29 PST 2004

On Tuesday, Feb 3, 2004, at 10:21 Canada/Eastern, Ryan Fleming wrote:

> I couldn't seem to find was would there be any disadvantage to using
> Journaling. I saw there would be some performance drop that would be
> almost
> unnoticable.

The performance drop is the disadvantage. How noticeable it is depends
on several variables, including your perception of speed.

> But would journaling cause problems with my catalogue or help
> it?

Neither.

> I've had it on through out my problem with corruption.

It might be a problem if you're using an application that is not
compatible with it.

Use basic computer troubleshooting technique: isolate the problem. Turn
journaling off, fix the corruption. Does it occur again? If no, check
if anything you're using might, in conjunction with journaling, create
problmes. If yes, look elsewhere.