[G4] SCSI, G4 Digital Audio, and OS 10.2.8

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Tue Feb 3 17:01:18 PST 2004

On Tuesday, Feb 3, 2004, at 17:17 Canada/Eastern, Michael L. Brown
wrote:

> [...] USB internal drives [...]

New one on me. Could you give us more details? And why not use internal
ATA/IDE drives to begin with?

> [...] you can set the firmware to be recognized in both OS9 and OSX,
> or to boot in either OS9, or boot in OSX, but not all three. [...]
> Additionally the card is likely to support internal drives, or
> external drives, but not both.

I'm using the cheapest Adaptect card models, and it boots in either
systems and supports both int'l and ext'l devices. If what you say is
correct about your card, I shouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

> After the lack of built in SCSI support in Jaguar [...]

Where did you get that idea?