[G4] Constant Catalog Corruption

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Tue Feb 3 18:14:33 PST 2004

in my personal and professional usage, WD has one of the best (read:
fewest failures) track records of drives currently available. the only
manufacturer i would rate above it would be seagate. this is with
having used (all ATA) WD, Seagate, IBM/Hitachi, and Maxtor. In
addition, the WD 8 MB cache drives have always provided me with great
performance.

I have had all brands fail, but the maxtors and IBMs seem to
consistently fail (though, the IBMs supply great performance for their
short life span)

sandor