[G4] General OS Craziness w/Two machines

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Wed Feb 11 11:03:11 PST 2004

 To add to what Brian said below, just think of the configuration management issues associated with trying to maintain an old version of an OS to work with every flavor of hardware. I for one am glad I'm principally a user...

<snip>
It takes time and money to qualify OS releases on all the hardware
platforms.
This had to be one of the reasons why Apple stopped moving classic
forward.
This allowed them to stop developing and testing OS9 drivers.
<end_snip>