[G4] G4 acting up

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:29:16 PST 2004

Interestingly enough, OS 9.2.2 has been installed on my G4, 450 MP, 1.5 GB
RAM, along with OS X, for over two years and I haven't seen these problems.
For me, 9.2.2 is the stablest OS 9+ incarnation, given that your RAM meets
Apple's stringent requirements. Currently running OS X 10.3.2, along with
OS 9.2.2.

Yes, I agree.  OS 9.2.2 is the most stable as a Carbon for X.  I use it with
Panther and have no problems with it.

However, I have had many problems with OS 9.2.2 as a *primary and only* OS
and I have 1 GB RAM and 100 GB drive.  I had to go back to OS 9.2.1 when I
wanted to run my old (pre OSX) graphics and A/V programs.  9.2.1 is very
stable for that purpose.  I thought that was the purpose of the original
question so I offered that as a possible solution.  He said he was using OS
9.2.8.  I didn't know there was such an animal.  Maybe Apple called that one
"Tomcat".  :-)