microphone for G4 mirror door

christine cano fuzzy44 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 13:38:57 PST 2004

I was wondering if I could get suggestions for a microphone for my G4.
I liked my plain talk mic but doesn't fit the new audio input port on the
back of the mirror door G4. I have been reading that I can no longer use
this mic and there is no adapter for it. Even the Griffin iMic does not
support the Apple PlainTalk Mic.

Now I am looking for a new mic. I will be using this primarily with iListen
but want the option of using it with other recording software.

I'd appreciate recommendations for mics to use with the built-in audio input
port on this computer, which I assume is pretty good.
OR...Is it advisable to forego the built-in audio input jack and use a USB
mic?

Thank you very much for any help. i have been reading up on the web about
this and the more I read the more confused I get because most info out there
insists there is no audio input port on the newer G4's.

Christine