Epson Scanner Driver Reprise

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 10:48:30 PST 2004

Hi all,

I have installed the OSX compatible Epson Scanner Driver
(Scan to File) on my Dad's iMac running OSX.1 and although
the install went swimmingly the app says "No scanner
recognized; check all connnections etc."

I guess one can count oneself no longer as a newbie when
SOP includes making sure devices are plugged in, connected,
etc.

But still no go. The new driver does not recognize the
scanner. The old driver does, though, so I know it's not
a connection. Any ideas?

Again, Dad has an iMac G4 running OSX.1
He has the Epson 1250 Photo Scanner

Here's the info on the driver:
Scan to File Utility 1.00E
Macintosh OS X (v10.1.2 - 10.1.5 and 10.2)
epson10489.sea.hqx - 5MB - posted on 03/03/03
This file contains the Epson Scan to File Utility and TWAIN Driver v5.71A.
This installer places a folder on your desktop labeled "epson10489".
1. Open the epson10489 folder.
2. Double-click the .dmg file to create a disk image with the product name
on your desktop.
3. Open the disk image.
4. Double-click the Epson Scan to File installer.pkg file to complete the
installation.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com