[G4] Firewire Fatique

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 06:30:20 PST 2004

Hi Anne. Does the drive have an on/off switch? If so, unmount the drive
after you're finished backing up by dragging the drive icon to the
trash (which changes to the unmount icon as soon as you grab the drive
icon), then turn off the drive via the on/off switch. If you unplug the
drive while it's mounted you could possibly corrupt its data and should
get an error message. John