[G4] Safari issue

Ken Fry kenfry at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 25 14:08:17 PST 2004

On Saturday, January 24, 2004, at 03:32  PM, Lavode wrote:

>> I have been using Safari as my Browser in Jaguar and I prefer it to
>> Internet Explorer.
>
> Me too.  Fight the power!
>
>> However, there are a couple of web sites that Safari doesn't seem to
>> work in.
>
> Ouch.  Usually I would just resign myself to the idea that I will be
> hitting that dreaded "e" icon whenever I want to use that site.  I
> guess you can complain to the company, but I doubt they will change.
> Sorry to not have any suggestions aside from having IE on your
> computer "just in case."  Good luck, and let us know if you "hack" the
> site so you can use it in Safari.
>
> Greetings,
	When I use Safari (Quicksilver 733 G4, OS X 10.2.6) to access my bank
(CIBC in Canada) I used to get an error message that the Java script
would not run (or some such message). I would click "ok" and the page
would function normally (if you call responding to the Java error
message every time you performed an action (such as request a balance,
pay a bill, etc), as functioning normally). After the most recent
Safari update (1.0.1 v85.6) I no longer have any error messages on the
banking site, or any sites that I visit for that matter. Could your
problem be one of not having the most recent Java update? Just my
CDN$0.02 worth (I think that comes out to roughly US$0.017). CIBC has
never stated that it is a platform-independent banking site and with
exception of the Java error message I have not had to rely on
AAAIEEEE!, er, I mean, IE.

Good luck
Ken