[G4] Big DIMMS!

Nicolas Kinnan nasw at pcmagic.net
Sun Nov 14 23:21:47 PST 2004

Howdy,

I have started seeing what appear to be actual 1GB PC133 DIMMS here and
there and, while they are expensive, I would like to know if anyone
here knows if they can be used in a Digital Audio G4 (533DP) to
overcome the paltry 1.5GB limit (only three DIMM slots, after all).

Try as I might, I am having a hard time finding any clear information
on this subject on a thing called, I believe, "the internet".

Also,does anyone what specifics one should look for in memory for these
machines?  I'm especially curious as to whether or not parity or
non-parity matters.  Anyone used IBM brand memory in their machines?

Thanks in advance,

Alex