Maxtor 60G about to die? (was Re: [G4] re: my hard drive western dig vs maxtor?

Nat nbaker at discover-net.net
Wed Nov 24 13:10:01 PST 2004

On Nov 24, 2004, at 1:40 AM, B Yen wrote:

> I have a G4/667 I got back in Aug 2001, which came with a Maxtor 60G
> (product #5T060H6).

Use Disk Utility to see if your hard drive is failing.  Just click on
the line that reads
57.3 GB Maxtor 5T060H6.  Down at the bottom, it will give you the SMART
status.

Mine has been making the same sounds for a while now and mine says it's
failing.  I've got another ready
to install and I've been backing up constantly getting ready for a
disaster.