[G4] Juiceing Up a G4 Quick Silver

Ryan Reinike ryan_reinike at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 08:28:16 PDT 2004

What is the best and most cost-effective way to get faster and tighter when I have a 867 QSilver w/ 1.5m ram and standard Nvida w/ 32m ram.

My main applications are PhotoShop CS and I want to do some video editing (FCP).

Out of the CPU upgrades below, are there any compare and contrast reviews, or if users have them can you express the performance increase:

Sonnet Encore/ST DUAL 1.3ghz, PowerLogix PowerForce DUAL 7457 1.33ghz and the GigaDesigns DUAL 1.33

How does one calculate an average combined performance of dual processing speed?

How much better off would PhotoShop/FCP perform with a vid-card upgrade (I figured alot of PS calculations were the CPU/RAM and not so much the Video Card); and what are some sober cards and MB of RAM I should look to?

much thx