[G4] Radeon 8500 and Screen saver

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sun Oct 31 14:40:18 PST 2004

I just installed a Radeon 8500 AGP card in my Gigabit G4 with a 1Ghz
Sonnet Encore upgrade.  The speed increase has been quite impressive.
However, I have had a problem with the system locking up when the
screen saver is activated.  I am running Panther and using the "Cosmos"
screen saver that comes with it.  I ended up disabling the screen saver
and it works fine now.  I'm just wondering if anybody else has had a
similar experience and how they might have solved the problem.

Thanks--

Kevin