[G4] Airport Express behavior

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 31 17:52:14 PST 2004

John

I am pretty sure that Airport Express requires the Extreme Airport Card
in your computer.  As your older G4 has the original card it cannot
stream music, but it can still connect at 11 Mbs to the network.

There are ways around this problem:
Open itunes and Preferences on the old G4
Set to share your music.
On the PowerBook open itunes/Prefs/Look for shared
Once you find the list of shared songs hit play and shoot it though
your Express to the stereo.

I think this will work, but my network is hardwired with a router, and
it works perfectly.

jj

On 31-Oct-04, at 6:49 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com