[G4] Sonnet Encore install

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sun Sep 26 15:16:34 PDT 2004

On Sep 26, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Doug McNutt wrote:

My 8500 was one of the first Macs to allow an upgrade from a 60x to the
G3 with a process that actually removed the old processor. To
accomplish that something is required to tell the boot firmware to use
compatible operations for the new processor. Resetting the CUDA switch
was absolutely required and the instructions said so.

Doug,

Thank you for the information about the earlier Power Mac upgrades. I
had no experience with upgrading those models and your info was
educational.