[G4] Powerbook V iBook

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Wed Aug 3 12:01:47 PDT 2005

On Aug 3, 2005, at 1:47 PM, Roger Harris wrote:

> I would find the difference verses the money, to make the iBook a
> clear win for the uses you describe. The hard drive of the Power
> Book is bigger and faster; But you can change the iBook drive later
> and max the RAM for much less than the cost of a PB. If you do a
> lot of audio work the PB is better because of the faster system
> buss and RAM.
>
> Roger

Thanks Roger.
No, I am not doing a LOT of audio work now. Just some post production
ADR work once or twice a month.
No special affects or anything like that.
I am leaning towards the iBook,thinking that the drive and Ram can be
changed easy in the iBook, as you state.
Thanks again, every opinion helps.
John