[G4] Connect one monitor and two macs??

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 11 06:18:40 PST 2005

On Dec 10, 2005, at 10:34 PM, Jason McClary wrote:

> KVM stands for Keyboard, Video and Mouse switch. So a USB KVM is
> one that uses USB connectors for the Keyboard and mouse as opposed
> to PS/2 KVM. A USB Switch would be what you are thinking about.
>
> He said USB so that Jim would not accidentally get a KVM that uses
> PS/2 connections for the Keyboard and mouse. For the longest time
> finding a KVM that used USB over PS/2 was a pain.

Good point about the PS/2 connector. Tho I oughtta let Daniel speak
for himself, I suspect that he also was thinking that the 6100 isn't
likely to have a USB port.  IIRC It uses the ADB connectors for the
key board and mouse. So Jim needs something that the video cables
plug into..  trouble is tho is that most of the switches I've seen
for that are pretty pricey.

John