[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 16, Issue 24 G4 MD new drive issues

Maj. Richard H. Blount (OHMR Ret.) majorrich at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 27 11:18:41 PST 2005

 It just sits there... Mocking me....

> I surmise that I have all the wrong speeds or something drives. Admittedly
> the drives are older. One is a Maxtor 5T040HD (40g) and the other is a
> Western Digital Caviar 26400. Probably both are too slow. B&W has no trouble
> seeing, reading and writing to these drives. Is the newer machine that much
> different?
>
> Another new guy..
> Rich

I don¹t know if the PMU is that little microswitch that I have to hold for
15 seconds, but if that is the one I did that. I did the P-ram, did the
thing with the O-F and reset the NWRam, Set Defaults, then reset all. Then
did the pram thing a couple more times just to be sure. Then I removed the
battery and pressed the little button again to try and exorsize the demons.
In the meantime, I put the good ol'40 in my b&w so I can migrate files to
take the load off the (pitifully small) 12G it came with.

--
It is not enough to aim, you must hit.

Richard H. Blount
Maj. OHMR (ret.)