[G4] 3 monitors on a G4/667 (running OS 9.2.2)

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sun Feb 13 07:30:38 PST 2005

At 22:46 -0800 2/12/05, B Yen wrote:
>I have a G4/667 running OS 9.2.2..yes, I'm still using Classic OS!!  I
>am running the stock video card on the AGP slot, an ATI 9200 video card
>on a PCI slot.  I have 2 monitors, & it's really nice.

I have four monitors on my Sawtooth G4. Earlier PCI cards from ATI in three slots and the one that came with in the AGP slot. They worked without flaw in OS 9.

In OS neXt the only problem is some Apple provided software - Terminal.app, TextEdit, Script Editor. Safari - which will not allow me to drag a window onto the upper monitor which is above the menu bar in the center monitor. I can often use AppleEvents to "repair" the problem. Non Apple products like BBEdit are fine. Finder is fine.

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.