[G4] Help on upgrading my G4

David DeFelice dmdef53 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 08:12:44 PDT 2005

I need to upgrade my G4 to a really fast machine.
733MHz is not doing it any more. Need to know the best
way to do this. Also like to game.

Listed below is, I hope, enough information to answer
any questions about the machine.

Hardware Overview:
  Machine Model:	Power Mac G4
  CPU Type:	PowerPC G4  (2.0)
  Number Of CPUs:	1
  CPU Speed:	733 MHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):	256 KB
  L3 Cache (per CPU):	1 MB
  Memory:	768 MB
  Bus Speed:	133 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:	4.2.8f1

GeForce2 MX:
  Type:	display
  Bus:	AGP
  Display Type:	CRT
  Slot:	SLOT-1
  VRAM (Total):	32 MB
  Vendor:	nVIDIA (0x10de)
  Device ID:	0x0110
  Revision ID:	0x00a1
  ROM Revision:	1045F

DIMM0/J21:
  Size:	Empty
DIMM1/J22:
  Size:	256 MB
  Type:	SDRAM
  Speed:	PC133-333
DIMM2/J23:
  Size:	512 MB
  Type:	SDRAM
  Speed:	PC133-333
DIMM3/J24:
  Size:	Empty

I need to know what has worked for you. Thanks for all
the help and an extra thanks for those who gave me the
heads up on the Epson R200 printer that prints right
on the CD. It does a great job and the software works
just dandy!

David M. DeFelice
G4,733MHz,768MB,NVDA32MB,EZQuestCDRM Firewire,Maxtor 40GB Firewire,Iomega Zip100,CD-RW/DVD-R,OfficeJet 6100,CanonS520,Logitech keyboard,OpticalMouse,21" RastorOps SuperScan.....""MAC'S ROCK""