[G4] Help on upgrading my G4

Robert Hazelrigg robzilla at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 6 08:25:30 PDT 2005

Don't bother with an upgrade. A Mac Mini will be a bigger speed bump
and less problematic then a processor upgrade. However if you really
need speed the G5  is the way to go. My opinion is based on the down
time and strange behavior my G4-400(APG) displayed when I upgraded it
to a Sonnet 1.2 Ghz.

Of course the absolute cheapest way to get more speed is to max your
RAM and run the G4 in OS 9.  OS X is a pig.