[G4] Trouble with Griffin's iMic

rich northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 15:45:26 PST 2005

Anne,

My iMic is a couple of years old, so it might be different than yours
-- however I only have two jacks on it. One for input and the other for
output. If yours is similar to mine, and you are using a Y connector,
than perhaps you are shorting the input to the output. Perhaps you
could remove the Y and just use one cable -- I believe one usually uses
the left channel. Try that to see if the signal strength changes?  You
might need a pre-amp to boast the signal level?

The older Macs came with a mic.  If you have access to one, try it as
your input into the iMic. That won't solve your recording problem, but
at least you will know more about getting a signal of some sorts into
the machine!

My two-bits!

rich