[G4] G4 OS10.3.9 and G5 with OS 10.4

Andrew T. Lynch atlynch at mac.com
Thu May 5 17:12:54 PDT 2005

John,
I do like retrospect desktop.  It runs way faster on my new 2x2.5 G5
than it ever ran on my 2x450 G4.  I tend to start it and walk away,
but I have about 90Gb of backed up storage, and it backs up a 2-5Gb
incremental in 20 minutes or so.  It has saved my a**, I once had to
since it became corrupted.  You cannot do that with simple sync
software.

I back up to external firewire hard drives.  I keep a couple of
backups, one at home and one off site.  I swap them weekly.

-Drew