[G4] G4 OS10.3.9 and G5 with OS 10.4

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Thu May 5 17:39:24 PDT 2005

I also like retrospect. I have been using it for a long time since the
mac os 8 days. It is a very good program. Never lost any data from it.
I Agree that it is a little slow on scanning through 300,000 files, but
it is faster than doing a manual restore... Also I think that they are
on a better track now with EMC squared running the show. Free updates
are good.  The reason I think that Dantz is  slow is because the
application might not be a native os 10 cocoa application. I think it
is  carbon based. It use to really fly in os 9, but that with much less
files (10,000). So i don't know if it is the large number of files with
os 10 or just the software itself that is making it  slow...

Dan Brieck Jr.