[G4] Ti 15" G4 Powerbook--Sonnet Aria Extreme Airport Network Adapter - G54-CB

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed Nov 9 14:31:45 PST 2005

In short:
Sonnet Aria Extreme Airport Network Adapter - G54-CB took over from Airport Card which would not work on my Titanium 15" Powerbook.  Insert into PC slot, boot up, and it works like a charm!

Details:
My Airport card in my Titanium 15" Powerbook no longer would connect to my home wireless network, using a Linksys 802.11b router.  I swapped the Airport card for one that I knew worked.  Still would not connect, though the Powerbook had connected in the past with earlier versions of OS X (can't recall how far back before it stopped working).  I am running Tiger 10.4.3.  Also, did the latest Airport update.  Then, thinking it might be the router, I replaced it with a Linksys Wireless G (802.11g), router, and it still did not work.  (A wireless-connected HP printer worked with both routers, though). So, I did some fancy Googling and located the Sonnet Aria Extreme Airport Network Adapter - G54-CB, which is claimed to work in 15" Ti-Books (Titanium Powerbooks).  I inserted it in the PC slot, booted up, and I was connected immediately!  Works fine.  The lowest price I found, by far, was at Buy.com: $58 with free shipping:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Sonnet_Aria_Extreme_Airport_Network_Adapter/q/loc/101/10363721.html

--Steve