[G4] OS X 10.3.9 doesn't see PCI cards; 9.2.2 does!

Aaron aarons510 at infinex.com
Fri Nov 11 17:33:40 PST 2005

I just moved a couple of PCI cards from my old PTP running 9.2.2 to my new G4 Dual 867 MDD bootable into both 9.2.2 and 10.3.9.

Both cards are seen by ASP under 9.2.2 on the new machine but not by SP under 10.3.9! The latter does see the wireless PCI card and the AGP video card, so it does see the PCI bus.

The two cards are a Sonnet Tempo ATA 133 card and an ixTV card. I know that the former should work under 10.x, if not the latter. But even a card that doesn't work should be seen, shouldn't it? I haven't, BTW, connected any drives to the Sonnet card yet.

Any suggestions?

 - Aaron

P.S.: I'm usually at <macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm>, but the fastmail server has suffered a serious breakdown and may not be up for a few days, so I've changed my address temporarily to a backup account.