[G4] OS X 10.3.9 doesn't see PCI cards; 9.2.2 does!

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Nov 11 21:34:27 PST 2005

On 11 Nov, 2005, at 17:33, Aaron wrote:

The two cards are a Sonnet Tempo ATA 133 card and an ixTV card. I know
that the former should work under 10.x, if not the latter. But even a
card that doesn't work should be seen, shouldn't it?

I installed the same card in my GBit G4 and it did not show up in
System Profiler either. However, there was an indication that a card of
some sort was installed in the #3 slot. It was identified with a
cryptic code sequence that I could never get an answer for from anybody
that I asked.

As long as it worked, I stopped worrying about it and just kept on
going. I would attach a drive or two to the card and see if they mount
on the desktop. Mine did, and it is a good probability that yours will
too.