[G4] Help ...Initializing a HD

Hector I. Macedo hecmac at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 13:58:45 PDT 2005

Hi John, I did that by physically plugging the HD to my computer (as
oppossed to using the firewire) and it apparently formatted it, but
when I try it on the pc, (XP Home system) it only "sees" the firewire
device but not the HD. Same thinbg if I plugg it with the USB cable.
firewire or USB

What should I do to find it or where should I look for it? The so
called "device manager" shows that are working, but I don't find the
darn thing anyplace ( I was looking for it in "My Computer" but it
does not show there.
  Any more tips?

Thanks

On Oct 10, 2005, at 12:32 PM, John Baltutis wrote:

> Formatting a disk for Windows computers
> You can use Disk Utility to format a disk for Windows computers.
> You can
> choose one of several MS-DOS formats.
> WARNING: Formatting a disk erases its files. Copy files you want to
> save to
> another disk before formatting the disk.
>
> 1.    In Disk Utility, select the disk you want to format for
> Windows computers.
> 2.    Click Erase and choose MS-DOS File System from the Volume
> Format pop-up
> menu.
> 3.    Type a name for the disk.
> 4.    The name's maximum length is 11 characters.
> 5.    Click the Erase button, then click Erase again.
>
> You can also choose to partition a disk using a Windows partition
> scheme
> which formats the partitions in MS-DOS format.

> stuff:

Hector I. Macedo                                          "Lord of
the Flies"
Dallas, TX 75248

"Piscaro Itaque dicet mendacium"

Then round his hook the chosen fur he winds,
And on the back a speckled feather binds;
So just the colours shine through ev'ry part,
That nature seems to live again in art.
                     John Gay
                         Rural Sports 1720