[G4] Freezes on Login

Raymond E. Hardy rhardy27 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 19:56:41 PDT 2005

Wayne,Daniel,Steve,&Ron,
Thanks for the suggestions. I booted with my earlier Panther disc, ran
repair permissions, finally reinstalled  OSX 10.3. On the restart it booted
normally but wouldn't accept what I thought was the password. I restarted
and used the Reset password in the drop down menu under Installer. The
password works now but only under the Name - System Administrator. I'm happy
- but heck how can I change the Name for Login? Somehow before this trouble
I was never asked to LOGIN - must be a way to reset things to the old way -
right?
Thanks to you all.
Ray