[G4] Security software for G4 Tiger (Additional Question...)

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Fri Oct 28 07:54:42 PDT 2005

On Oct 28, 2005, at 6:24 AM, Richard ramsowr wrote:

> Q Could Norton's SystemWorks 3.0 and/or Norton's
> Internet Security 3.0 cause my copy of Safari 1.2
> (v125) not to upgrade?
>
> Because when I have tried to upgrade it in the past
> using OS X (10.3.9) alone with all of the fixes for
> java - the upgrade worked but when I restarted my Mac
> - Safari would not boot up- all I got was a bouncing
> Safari icon and a spinning pinwheel - BUT NO LAUNCH OF
> SAFARI 1.3 - HELP!

While Norton SystemWorks deservedly gets blamed for lots of problems
(And most of us would recommend removing it.) I doubt that it's the
source of your current problem.

Here's a couple of suggestions. First go to the Applications folder
and do a get info on the Safari application and see what it's version
is. That way you'll know if it was upgraded or not. Then try logging
in as another user and see if the problem goes away. Send your
results to the list.

Phil