[G4] Samsung drives?

Udo Zumdick screams at gmx.net
Tue Apr 18 02:38:27 PDT 2006

Dear Aaron,

I have two Samsung HD's in use in my G5 and I am very satisfied: A new
250GB one and a bit older 160GB one. Both a very quiet and they become
not very warm even after a few days. So temperature will not be an issue.
I can recommend them. There maybe faster HD's on the market but I don't
think that one will be able to recognize a significant speed difference
between samsung's and other HD's. At least the IBM/Hitachi 120GB I have
tested was not faster.
In my opinion the Samsung HD's are the best compromise  between a fast
and reliable harddisk and a quiet one.

-Udo