[G4] Help! G4 keeps crashing-don't know why?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Feb 1 21:36:24 PST 2006

On 1/30/06 1:17 PM, "joshua hough" <soyjourner at mac.com> wrote:

> My dual 1.25 MDD is also a daily crasher and I've tried EVERYTHING -- except
> the Chess trick.  So I'll try that.  It has the original processors, not an
> upgrade.  Possibly they're overheating, although I don't know how to find out.

Visit www.versiontracker.com, find "memtest" and "temperature monitor."
Download them both. Run memtest from the command line in single user mode.
Bad RAM is a frequent cause of such irritations. Memtest found it for me.

Temperature Monitor does what its name implies. It will tell you how hot it
is inside your Mac, and at several locations depending on what sensors are
there.

Jim Robertson