[G4] AGP hard drive question

JayB FromJay at joimail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:33:21 PST 2006

OUCH!  -- just kidding.

OK, it's connected to a PCI card " SCSI  LVD/SE"  -- It has an external
connection that is what I thought might be an Ultra SCSI port.  Guess
it is after all, huh?

So, if I understand the situation- I'm stuck with either finding a
similar SCSI drive to replace the dead one, or ..... what?  Getting
another PCI card for SATA?

This caked drive is mostly used as a scratch drive (I'm a prof. photog
and use Photoshop every day) and for a couple of aps.  I  had used it
also as my OS-X start-up drive.  I still use a fair number of OS9 aps
and all the data and other aps are on the other Ultra SCSI drive.  I
really don't want to replace both drives.  That would pretty much
convince me to bail on this machine altogether.

Perhaps I should blow off having 2 internal drives and just use an
external FW drive for DATA and Scratch?  Wouldn't this drop performance
for PS?