[G4] Final Cut Pro loss of "Favorites"

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Feb 12 16:48:31 PST 2006

If the stuff is trashed and deleted it's gone and you have to
reconstruct it manually.
Reloading your projects shouldn't be too hard.
Sequences should still be in there somewhere.
  But favorites got me a couple of times too.
The trick is to save the favorites folder in the effects tab to
somewhere else BEFORE you delete and then replace it later.
  Worked for me last time.
As far as saving your new stuff...
create a "default" project of your own.
As you recreate your favorites and window arrangements and such do
"SAve All" frequently.
Losing the window arrangement is a sign that there is something wrong.
Watch out for any overlapping windows, those will kill you.
Jim