[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 18, Issue 13

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Sun Feb 12 17:30:28 PST 2006

I am one of the diehards who appreciate the CRT.

You'll have to search to find any at all, but you can buy a new
graphics-quality 21" CRT for under $500 these days, though you may have to
spring a couple hundred extra for calibration equipment if it's not
included.  Refurbished 22" monitors are going for under $400, sometimes way
under.

I cannot think of a single LCD in that price range which would come close
either in accuracy OR PIXEL COUNT.  If you are willing to spend more than
twice as much, of course, there a several which their manufacturers swear
are "just as good" as CRTs.

Sex appeal has killed sensibility.

Robert MacLeay

P.S. Tiger's built-in color calibration depends on your eye,
but produces surprisingly good results.