[G4] G4 start up problems

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 7 22:15:10 PST 2006

On 01/07/06, "Larry Parsons" <hi8vidcam at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I finally got the silly thing to boot up.  Don't know for sure what I
> did other than holding my mouth in a different way.  I still cannot start
> from the power button on the front of the case, starts just fine from the
> keyboard thopugh.  Shouldn't it fire up either way?????

You have one strange setup. I have the same machine and the large power button
on the machine's front should power up the machine. Mine came with a Apple Pro
Keyboard and there's no power-on button associated with it. You must have a
different keyboard. BTW, when the computer's on, the power button should be
lit. IIRC, there were some problems with that button in the G4's early days.
Mine's never failed. See <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=95038>
for power on problems.