[G4] 2 Problems

Jim Melton j.r.melton at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 14:11:14 PST 2006

Hello one and all,

(1.)  I need a little advice about how I might turn off the bootup and shutdown screens on my PowerMac G-4 400/CPU Sawtooth(AGP) with OS 10.4.3 on the first HD. I was rebooting to run Apple Jack and must have held down the wrong key. Now when I startup or shutdown I see this running line of code on screen (white letters & numbers on a black screen). I have tried different combination of keys to correct this problem without any results. Anyone have a fix?

(2.)  After trying to run Tweak Freak in order to repair my OS 9.2 copy on a second HD I find that all my alias's are now faded as if they are nonfunctional. They still work fine, but look ghostly. This all came about when I first tried running the OS 9 repair permissions selection under the Unix maintenance tab. The program started and shortly stopped with an AppleScript Error message # 1762. After clicking the error message off the OS 9 permissions repair program was locked up. I turn off Tweak Freak and noticed the alias malfunction. I am also seeing these .DS_Store files in just about every file grouping. If anyone has any ideas about these problems and how I might repair the damage I surely would be most grateful. Thanks-Jim Melton

Stats- two hard drives; one 128 GB HD in first position and a 6.2 GB HD in slave position. Both drives have OS 10.4.(3 & 2) respectfully, the second slave has OS 9.2 on it as well.