[G4] Graphics card upgrade to run 20" cinema?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 13:23:14 PDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Richard Klein wrote:

> My gigabit ethernet at home has an ATI Rage 128 in it. I'm not sure
> about
> the amount of VRAM. I've got a Samsung Syncmaster 213T hooked up to it
> via the VGA port (the card also has an ADC connector, but no DVI),
> and it
> drives that monitor at 1600x1200. I didn't do anything special to
> enable
> that mode, so I guess I'm not much help, but the card should be
> able to
> handle it.

You can use the ADC connector on your card with a $30 ADC to DVI
cable like the one at OWC: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/AddLogix/
MCAADCDVI/. The digital connection should be a little sharper than
the analog VGA connection.

Or you could add a second VGA monitor with this cable: http://
eshop.macsales.com/item/AddLogix/MCAADCVGA/

Phil