[G4] 1. Re: g4 processor upgrades on ebay (Michael Hall)

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Mon Jul 10 13:40:20 PDT 2006

I had a Powermac 7300 that I upgraded to a Sonnet G3 400mhz years ago
where I got both the machine and the processor from ebay (2 separate
auctions months apart), and I haven't had any issues with either one.
In May of 2005 I purchased a G4 Digital Audio 733mhz.  No problems there
either, but as I got around to some games I wanted an upgrade, so I
bought a Sonnet 1.2 Ghz upgrade, and I've had no problems with it
either.  True, both of the upgrades didn't come with a warranty, or
maybe it did and I didn't bother noticing.  I just never had a problem
with Sonnet upgrades (since there's no messing around with jumper cables
and such on the upgrade) and they've been rock solid.  The ebay feedback
speaks for itself, but don't hesitate to check the manufacturer's
website, or even past ebay auctions (site map, completed listings) to
see what people have been buying and saying.

Eric

--
  Eric Buczynski
  emaxxx4 at warpmail.net