[G4] Re: Bandwith dropped

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 2 06:59:06 PST 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 08:54:11 -0500, Michael wrote:
> Good morning and welcome to planet Earth.
>
> Where ya been?

Michael,

I have gone back and reread all of your posts on this subject.  One thing I could not find was a test of the Mac connected directly to the modem with a known good cable. Maybe I just missed it.  If you were to do this and the speed returns, then it probably is something with the lan setup.  If the speed remains low, then it probably is something in the OS and the easiest thing to do would be to backup data you want to keep and reload the OS and see how that goes.  If that doesn't work when connected to the modem directly, then there is likely a hardware problem somewhere.

 As near as I can tell, everyone that has replied has tried to be helpful and are not trying to put down your efforts though many of us are not able to present out thoughts as clearly as you or nearly as proficient with networking problems as you.

S. Kennedy