[G4] iBook logic board

Matthew Wensley mwensley at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 6 18:13:54 PST 2006

I had a G3 that was eligable for a logic board extended warranty.
When my logic board went, Apple was "nice" enough to put in the new
board, despite being out of warranty. This was a couple of years ago.
In Feb, the logic board went again! Apple refused to cover it this
time. Cost to replace logic board $800 CAD. Cost of new G4 iBook with
bluetooth, airport, USB 2, more ram, a larger HD etc, $1250 CAD.

So I went with the new iBook.

Anyway, unless you have a G3 iBook purchased in "02 or so, I don't
think the logic board programme is for you.

“When they came for the Jews, I was not a Jew, so I did not protest;
When they came for the communists, I was not a communist, so I did
not protest; When they came for the trade unionists, I was not a
trade unionist, so I did not protest; When they came for me, there
was nobody left to protest.”     Pastor Martin Niemolle