[G4] Re: Help, I think my sawtooth died!

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Sun Oct 15 07:09:06 PDT 2006

You can test the battery with a voltmeter.  It should be 3.6 volts,
although they seem to work fine if they're a little bit lower.  If it's
under 3.2 volts I'd replace it.  Also, if the reading seems okay at
first, but then the volts start going down, I'd replace it.

I check the voltage with the battery installed in the motherboard, and
the computer unplugged, but if you remove the battery to test it, that
should be fine, too.

--
Rich