[G4] Re: Dying Sawtooth status was 'Help, I think my Sawtooth

Dave March dkmnow at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 04:03:26 PDT 2006

I'm not one to blame hard drives without cause, but
neither am I inclined to suspect the battery right
off.  My iMac ran fine with a bad battery for years.
I even ran it with NO battery for several months.  Of
course, if I unplugged it, it always forgot the time
and date.  But other than that, I never had any
trouble with crashy startups, or any boot-ROM/RAM or
related glitches.

It outlived its share of hard drives though!  But in
this case -- though I dissent tentatively on the
battery issue -- I would need a lot more info before
accusing the drive itself.

Great reference links, BTW!  Thanks.

--DKM