[G4] flash drive question (again)

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 30 01:08:37 PST 2006

MegaSTMac at aol.com wrote:
> << IMHO, your problem arose because you were trying to transfer files
> from a OS-9 machine to a OS-X machine without having saved those
> files in OS-X format in the first instance. OS-X looks for
> information in the file identification that OS-9 never heard of and
> can't put in. >>

> Could you elaborate, please? I move and or open OS9 files in 10.3.9 all the
> time with no confusion at all. I've done that within the same machine, via CD's
> as well as flash drives and compact flash cards.
>
> STeve

Hey, Steve...

When you use OS9 applications or files under your 10.3.9 OS, maybe your
system opens Classic in order to do that?
That's what happens to me when I try to open an old file that was made
and saved under OS9. Classic opens and then I can work with it just
fine, but technically, I'm not working with OSX. I'm on the same machine
as my OSX, but Classic is doing all the work.

I must say, tho', as I'm up to 10.4.8 now, I rarely go back to use any
Classic files or applications anymore...

keith whaley